Thursday, March 22, 2012

Days of Free Tickets and Tops Markets

If I win I'm gonna go crazy, I'm gonna jump up and down, I'm gonna tell all a' mah friends, I'm gonna...wait, when does this expire? August of 1982? Damn it. Well, what are the odds that Tops would still honor this? What? The Three Coins Restaurant is no longer around? Double Damn.

This ticket made me laugh. On one of my favorite episodes of The Simpsons, Bart rents a car and decides to travel cross-country with Milhouse, Nelson, and Martin. Their destination? The World's Fair. Along the way they pass by a club whose featured guest is Andy Williams. Nelson, the "bully", is so taken that he has to stop and watch.

Did I really need to tell you that Nelson is the bully of the show? Of course I didn't. Why? Well, because you're so great! And when I win these tickets* guess who I'm taking? That's right!

SIDETRACK:

I do this a lot. I list something, and I get sidetracked--one of the reasons I have trouble posting daily. But I have a question to ask all of you native Buffalonians:

Who won?

Stores advertise contests all the time, but who wins? Someone must. Maybe you know them? Maybe you know someone who knew them through someone? I don't know, but I'd like to know.

Where'd ya'll find it: Inside Michael Harrison's Fire From Heaven: A Study of Human Combustion in Human Beings. (Why was there a need to say "Human Combustion" and "Human Beings?")


*Disclaimer: Tickets will only be obtained through time-travel. If time-travel is not present at the time of blog posting, it never will be. It's paradoxical. It's best to hope for robotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment