Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WWSD?

My friend, Laura, tells this great story about meeting Leonard Nimoy at a Convention and breaking down into hysterics. It would be a first-rate calamity to try and recreate this story, but I hold out the hope that if Mr. Nimoy releases another autobiography he may decide to mention her in one of the chapters. I'm sure he's spent years dealing with rabid fans; however, if Laura's re-creation was accurate, her 'fit' would lend itself well to a chapter about the goings on of the sci-fi convention circuit.

I'm not a big Star Trek fan, by any means, but I absolutely love the affect it has on its fans. Fan fiction, zines, conventions, Star Wars rivalries...fans fully embraced Trekdom and made it their own.

Take today's item, for example.

Vulcan Reflections contains essays about Spock originally published in Spockanalia.

Spockanalia. That's not a typo.




No comments:

Post a Comment