Friday, December 23, 2011

Rock 'N' Roll Was His Only Answer...

"It's a tattoo. Of a bunch of pipes, duh!"
From the back of the book:

     "Mark Gutstein, a greaser from the future, learns to travel through time by an incredible new theory.
     Heading back to the heyday of rock 'n' roll, the late fifties and early sixties, he ends up instead in New York in the late seventies."

"Stay in your seats. This book isn't going anywhere."
                                      --Eric Mowery, TLB

Today's find is not something I found inside of a book, but I could not pass up the chance to share this great cover art with you. I'm guessing that Gray Morrow, the illustrator, had already drawn Gutstein and then was told that main character was part android. I know it's hard to make out, but I'm assuming that robotic-mess on his chest has something to do with his time traveling abilities? Perhaps, given enough time, all rockers will come to resemble shirtless Kirk Camerons?

 And while I have the scanner out, I may as well zoom in to see just what makes Guts tick. Literally.


Not bad, but maybe I can do better.





Oh, my gawd! It's One-eyed Willy's Map!










Well, I'm off for the Holidays, but, now that I have the map, maybe I won't be back at all?

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment