Friday, January 27, 2012

The Dog Ate It

Someone forgot their homework...

...forty years ago.

I found this (with little to no surprise) tucked in an American History Textbook from the sixties. Do kids still write in cursive? I know I broke the habit of doing so right before I entered High School, and my teachers thanked me for it. You would think that someone so artistic would be a natural at the elegance of cursive handwriting. Not so. I have comics to blame for what I like to call 'exaggerated, emotionally-charged block printing.' It's really very nice. All the kids love it.

A friend of mine routinely practices his hand at, well, handwriting. He's full of great tips on the subject, and he stresses that angle of pen and posture are two key components of great penmanship. A clean workstation is also vital, and they make rather large writing desks make sense.

Also, Cursive just means 'joined writing.'

So informative, this one is.

-TLB

No comments:

Post a Comment